S&P/ASX 200 VIX INDEX
ASX 200 VIX Chart
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX (XVI) calculates the amount of volatility expected in the Australian stock market over the next 30 days. It uses the 30-day implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 Put and Call Options.
- High readings (20+) are bearish and indicate uncertainty
- Normal readings (15 to 20) suggest a slight bullish bias
- Low readings (<15) are bullish and indicate low volatility
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX Index (^XVI) calculates the amount of volatility expected in the market over the next 30 days.
- High readings indicate uncertainty (bearish)
- Normal readings suggest a slight bullish bias
- Low readings indicate low volatility (bullish) and strong investor confidence.