Market Index receives data from third parties including the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) trading under ASX Operations Pty Ltd and other associated exchanges. All data supplied by third parties is subject to copyright and published under license by Market Index. It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute this website’s data or information without our prior written permission.
Market Index, the ASX Group, our suppliers and their respective licensors accept no responsibility for any claim, loss or damage arising from the display of information on this website or any use of the information displayed on this website. All website content is provided "as is" and for information purposes only, not for trading or advice.
• S&P/ASX indices and All Ordinaries data provided in real-time as at the timestamp.
• There may be a delay due to the time required to receive, process and display the data.
• Foreign indices (Dow Jones, NASDAQ, DAX and FTSE) are end-of-day closing values only.
Share Price Data
• All ASX share prices are 20 minutes delayed to adhere with licensing restrictions.
• There may be an additional delay of about 5 minutes due to the time required to receive, process and display the data.
• 1 Yr figure is based on a rolling year (e.g. 4 November 2013 - 3 November 2014).
• Commodity prices are delayed by at least 15 minutes.
• Currencies are real time as at the timestamp.
Information on Homepage
1. ASX Opening Times: Based on 10am, 4pm and 4:10pm Sydney time. Exact open and close times are random.
2. Chart: S&P/ASX 200 index represents the 200 largest companies listed on the ASX.
3. Chart: S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries represents the 200 smallest companies in the S&P/ASX 300 index.
4. Today’s Gainers & Losers: Derived from all companies in the All Ordinaries.
5. Highest Turnover: Derived from all ASX listed companies.
6. Expected Volatility: The levels “Low”, Normal” and “High” are arbitrary and based on general industry usage.
7. Analyst Outlook: Manually compiled from multiple sources.
Information on Index Pages
1. Index Announcements: Publicly distributed press releases from Standard & Poor’s.
2. Sector Breakdown: Derived from the combined market capitalisation of each sector.
Information on Market Statistics Page
1. Listed Companies: Total number of ASX listed equity issues.
2. Market Capitalisation: Total value of ASX listed domestic equity.
3. Average P/E: Consensus data.
4. Average Dividend Yield: Consensus data.