The S&P/ASX 50 (XFL) represents the large-cap component of the Australian stock market.
• Contains the ASX top 50 companies by way of float-adjusted market capitalisation
• Accounts for 63% (July 2014) of the Australian equity market
• Most companies pay above average dividends
• Rebalances occur quarterly and constituent turnover is low
• Its size and liquidity makes the index suitable for all but the most aggressive portfolios
Investment in the index can be achieved indirectly via the ASX listed SPDR S&P/ASX 50 Fund (code: SFY). The fund provides exposure to all companies in the index and performance returns closely track the ASX 50 benchmark.